At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We've just raised our series A of $15.6M to bring the future of payroll to even more companies, and we're now looking for new team members to join our growing, international team.
We're looking for a Founder Associate to work closely with Jonas (our founder and CEO) on strategic projects, ad hoc tasks, problem-solving, research, and much more.
The short version
Where: Remote (+-3 hours CET) 🌍
What: Work closely with Pento's founder and CEO on everything from strategy to day-to-day operations.
Why: A unique opportunity to join an early-stage startup and work closely with the founder and CEO as we grow.
What is Pento? 🤔
We build beautiful payroll software that automates a company's manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no manual bank transfers, no e-mails, and no manual work. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can read more about the product at pento.io
The job description 💬
As a Founder Associate at Pento, you will
1) work directly with our CEO on various ad hoc tasks and projects
2) own small tasks and long-term research projects
3) help with commercial, hiring, and expansion projects, and make sure things get done on time
This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to experience what it's like to work at a high-growth startup with an international team, a steep learning curve, and a lot of room for personal and professional growth.
Here’s a snapshot of what you could be working on (not a full list!):
- Market/expansion research
- Hiring, sourcing, candidate mapping for critical/senior roles
- Strategic sales and partnerships projects
- Project management, internal/external
- Fundraising, investor relations/mapping/tracking
- Designing presentations, preparing internal comms
What we're looking for 🕵️♀️
We're looking for someone who's curious, structured, ambitious, and a quick learner. Maybe you want to start your own company one day. You care more about personal growth than titles, and you're motivated by working with a team that challenges you and gives you an enormous amount of trust and responsibility.
Your background and skills
- At least 2 years of work experience in consulting, banking, VC, startups, or similar
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (and by "equivalent" we mean anything, could be work or volunteering experience)
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines (aka good project management skills)
- Great English communication skills (verbal and written)
- You have a problem-solver attitude. No problem is too big or too hard.
- You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope well with complexity and change.
- You are proactive by nature.
- You like working independently, but you also know when to involve your teammates and ask for help.
- You are hungry to learn. You know you don't know it all, and do what you can to help yourself and your team become better every day.
- You work well with lots of questions and few answers. We're a startup trying to do something no one else has done before, which means we're dealing with a lot of questions and what-ifs.
What is Pento? 🤔
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no manual bank transfers, no e-mails, and no manual work.
You can see a quick video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
What can you expect? 🧧
- Competitive salary, depending on experience;
- An employee equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company, and join us on an incredible journey of growth 🎉
- Unlimited holiday entitlement;
- Remote working and flexibility - as long as the work gets done!
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We already see strong demand from companies all over the UK
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
- We've recently raised a $15.6M series A from some of the world's best investors, and we're only just getting started
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about here:
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications for everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!