At Pento, we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. And we're building a better and more progressive working environment for our people alongside. We raised $15.6m at Series A and we've only just gotten started! 🚀
We're looking for a Senior Manager Accounting to oversee and own all accounting-related matters and processes while ensuring tax-compliance in all jurisdictions we operate in.
The role 🎒
You will be responsible for our financial reporting, helping us make strategic, numbers informed, decisions and constantly being on the look out for opportunities to improve Pento's processes and compliance efforts. You will make sure our financial reporting is 100% solid, processes are efficient while dealing with day-to-day accounting matters.
We are a lean team, where everyone has a tangible impact. As a hands-on operator who will be instrumental in driving the company's next stage of growth, you will be partnering with the Head of Finance and other managers to develop strong financial reporting, processes and controls.
- Full responsibility for the Group's financial reporting, such as consolidated financial statement consisting of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Managing legal entity-level reporting, tax-compliance and audits in currently three jurisdictions
- Preparing and presenting clear reports and commentary to internal stakeholders
- Developing and implementing accounting policies for the Group
- Setting up and maintaining the Q2C and P2P processes
- Managing the banking relationship, bank accounts, payments and perform short-term liquidity planning
- Running payroll
- Establishing and maintaining finance-related policies and internal controls
- Moving the currently outsourced accounting in-house
- Improving current Accounting systems and drive automation projects within finance with the support of the Finance operations manager
- Additional responsibilities for special projects as they arise
- Building and scaling the accounting team in line with Pento's overall growth
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in auditing and/or accounting, preferably in a “Big 4” audit firm (or equivalent) or a fast-growing B2B tech, software or SaaS environment
- You have a degree in Accounting such as Certified/Chartered Accountant, CPA or similar
- You have strong written and verbal communications skills
- You enjoy the challenges that come with building an accounting function within a rapidly growing startup from scratch
- You are proactive and curious, you have a strong attention to detail and take pride in having full accountability
- You enjoy working within tight deadlines while providing high quality results
- You are tech-savvy and enjoy working with tech-enabled processes
- You are willing to develop into the role of Head of Accounting over the next 1-2 years
- You have ideally IFRS experience and worked in a high-growth tech company before
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
Our benefits and perks 🧧
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
- Tech and equipment of your choice
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
- Remote working and flexibility
You can read more about our broader perks here
What it's like working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our product 🔥
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Our team and environment 💜
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our progressive environment of people-first practices supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. All of this supports our mission of building a truly diverse team and inclusive environment.
Why now is a really exciting time to join us 🚀
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We are helping over 700 companies run payroll across the UK and Denmark, and are on a mission to bring Pento to many more!
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Apply here 🙋🏽♀️ We look forward to hearing from you!