At Pento, we're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our growing team. Your mission is to help our customers by building a world class product.
The role 💬
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who cares deeply about building flawless features across the entire stack while challenging our thinking on software architecture. Someone with a passion for building beautiful products, who is always up for a challenge.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented problem solvers, looking at untangling a complex problem, and finding simple solutions. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, helping take Pento to the next level and building a seamless experience for our customers.
More about the role and responsibilities
- Research, develop and document new software solutions
- Work closely with both product and design to understand our customers' needs and iterate on findings to deliver a great user experience throughout our platform
- Collaborate with the product engineering team in an agile manner
- Take operational responsibility for the code that you write over the entire software development life cycle
- Maintain and improve our existing codebase
- Write fully tested, high quality and performant code
- Provide support on our production code, from customer related operations to bug fixing
- Mentor and coach other Software Engineers
- Champion the writing of high quality code
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the Engineering discipline
- Maintain the standard of quality for our codebase and engineering team through hiring
- Steer Engineering initiatives, working closely with Lead Engineers
Our tech stack ⚙️
We build and host our application using modern and reliable technologies that our team knows and trusts, including React, TypeScript, GraphQL, Golang, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You have a few years of professional experience in software engineering, working in a team environment
- You have experience in backend development, building, running and debugging web applications
- You're knowledgeable about statically typed programming languages and relational databases, preferably Golang and PostgreSQL
- You’re familiar with defining and building GraphQL APIs
- You're passionate about writing understandable and testable code
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
What it's like working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our product 🔥
Pento is setting a new standard in payroll with its tech-enabled payroll solution for modern People and Finance teams. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. Starling Bank, Pleo, Honest Burgers, PensionBee, Primer, and many more fast-growing companies, use Pento to run payroll like it should have always been.
You can watch a short product demo by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Our team and environment 💜
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our people-first environment supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits and perks 🧧
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
- Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice
- Unlimited time off and yearly team summits
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Apply here 🙋🏽♀️ We look forward to hearing from you!