At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're an international team backed by some of the world's best investors, and we're looking for new teammates to join our growing team — that's where you come in! We've also just raised our series A of $15.6M to bring the future of payroll to even more companies.
The short version
Where: Remote (CET) 🌍
What: Help build the world's best payroll experience for our customers in the UK.
Why: We're on a mission to build the future of payroll, and we want to enable more UK companies and employees to experience the power of Pento.
The role ✨
We are growing fast in the UK, and are looking for a Product Manager to join our small product team. You will be working with engineers, designers, and payroll experts to improve our core product in the UK, and build new features.
What will you be doing? 💼
- Contribute to (and partly own) the roadmap, and delivery, for Pento in the UK;
- Get a clear understanding of user needs through regular interaction with customers;
- Share and communicate the product roadmap across the team to ensure we’re all on the same page and aware of what’s coming and when;
- Turn problems into insights and work with a team of engineers and designers to execute and launch solutions;
- Set product requirements and work closely with the engineering team to ensure alignment;
- Collaborate with QA to define and validate acceptance criteria;
- Ensure that both customers and internal teams are updated on the latest product improvements
We're looking for someone who:
- Is a fluent English speaker;
- Has experience in developing customer-focused products, prioritising roadmaps and working with a dedicated team of engineers and designers;
- Has experience with user research and product discovery techniques, turns data into product decisions;
- Is a tech enthusiast and always likes to play around with new software. Curious and enthusiastic about what makes good software;
- Has good understanding of internet technologies, APIs, database technologies, etc.;
- Has a pragmatic approach to product development; Understands why speed is important as a startup;
- Enjoys autonomy and ownership while building the product collaboratively
- Can adjust quickly to changing priorities and work with lots of questions and what-ifs;
What is Pento? 🤔
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll SaaS that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a quick video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- The UK payroll process hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- *Every* company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We win the vast majority of head-to-heads against our main competition, but we still have a lot to do
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Our team 💜
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
Hi there 👋 Pento Home is where we document and share everything that makes Pento, Pento. Most of it is public - feel free to take a look around 🤗
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!