At Pento, we're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We’re looking for a driven Sales Manager to help us achieve our ambitious plans and lead our growing team of SDRs.
The role 💬
As our SDR Sales Manager, your key focus will be to build and manage a world class Sales Development team. This is an opportunity to lead and grow a team of talented individuals, who enable Pento to reach new customers.
You will ensure this team is consistently generating qualified opportunities through training and personal development, hiring team members, and shaping their experience of working at Pento. You’ll also work effectively and collaboratively with the wider Sales team, Marketing and Product to ensure that our sales process is world class.
- Train members of the SDR team to identify, approach, and create qualified opportunities
- Ensure SDR team members improve performance over time by providing coaching and direct feedback
- Ensure our SDRs are experts in articulating our vision and are able to sell our value proposition, as well as overcome objections
- Motivate and manage the team effectively to achieve their targets
- Hire, onboard and develop new SDRs
Collaboration and reporting
- Monitor productivity, produce management reports, and action on metrics and KPI's
- Work closely with the wider Sales team to improve opportunity management, qualification processes and lead conversion
- Work closely with Marketing to identify opportunities to improve funnel efficiency
- Create, iterate and innovate sales scripts and strategies, helping our SDRs clearly articulate "why Pento"
- Refine a scalable, measurable, and predictable process for running and growing the team while continuously improving efficiency
- Build and continuously refine a repeatable playbook to rapidly ramp new hires
- Define productivity goals, objectives and incentive initiatives that stretch and develop your team, ensuring they regularly exceed objectives
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You have strong experience managing SDRs teams, ideally with a SaaS B2B focus
- You are a strong people leader — you have experience developing teams of SDRs, often in the early stages of their career looking for direction, mentoring and motivation
- You have consistently delivered on personal and team targets
- You are a numbers person. You know sales is a science and you are comfortable diving into the metrics and identifying insights to improve the individual, team and overall revenue contribution
- You know how to use sales development systems and tools, and not afraid of learning how to use new ones
- You have a proactive mindset with strong organisational skills
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
What it's like working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our product 🔥
Pento is setting a new standard in payroll with its tech-enabled payroll solution for modern People and Finance teams. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. Starling Bank, Pleo, Honest Burgers, PensionBee, Primer, and many more fast-growing companies, use Pento to run payroll like it should have always been.
You can watch a short product demo by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Our team and environment 💜
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our people-first environment supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits and perks 🧧
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
- Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice
- Unlimited time off and yearly team summits
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Apply here 🙋🏽♀️ We look forward to hearing from you!