At Pento, we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. And we're building a better and more progressive working environment for our people alongside. We raised $15.6m at Series A and we've only just gotten started! 🚀
The short version ⏳
Where: Remote 🌎, +3/-3 CET hours.
What: Improving Customer Experience by translating technical concepts to internal teams and customers.
Why: To have a direct impact on our customer's journey with Pento, making sure they have a great understanding of the functionality of the platform and the best way for them to use it.
You can see our tools stack here.
The role 🎒
We're looking for someone to be a key partner for our customer-facing teams. You'll also work closely with customers to make sure internal teams truly understand their product requirements. Along with this, you will make sure customers have a great understanding of the functionality of the platform and the best way for them to use it.
More about your responsibilities:
- Work closely with customer-facing teams (e.g. sales, onboarding, and customer success) to understand product/integrations requirements. This will include joining external customer calls.
- Concisely explain complex technical concepts to customers so that they can easily understand Pento integrations.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to create demonstrations of existing solutions and the best way for customers to utilise them.
- Translate customer issues/product suggestions to the product and engineering teams to reduce scoping time.
- Join customer discovery calls with the sales team to help understand if Pento is the best solution for them.
- Providing post-implementation follow-ups and technical support.
- Support the Sales, Customer Success, and Onboarding teams with technical queries.
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science/software engineering or in-industry experience giving a similar level of knowledge.
- You have previous work experience as a solutions engineer.
- You're a great communicator, with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- You're able to create big-picture solutions.
- You're able to present ideas in a clear, user-friendly way.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You're able to gain strategic alignment, by bringing key team members across functions together.
- You're able to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- You're able to effectively prioritise.
- You have a desire to learn and you're a highly motivated self-starter.
Bonus skills and experience:
- Sales experience.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
Our benefits and perks 🧧
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
- Tech and equipment of your choice
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
- Remote working and flexibility
You can read more about our broader perks here
What it's like working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our product 🔥
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Our team and environment 💜
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our progressive environment of people-first practices supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. All of this supports our mission of building a truly diverse team and inclusive environment.
Why now is a really exciting time to join us 🚀
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We are helping over 700 companies run payroll across the UK and are on a mission to bring Pento to many more!
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Apply here 🙋🏽♀️ We look forward to hearing from you!