The short version ⏳
Where: UK 🇬🇧
What: Customer support, customer relationships, etc.
Why: We believe great customer care is just as important as great technology. Helping our customers get a good start at Pento and worry less about payroll is a crucial part of what we offer, and our support team plays a big part in making this happen.
The role ✨
We're looking for someone who's organised and good with people, who cares about the customer's experience as much as they care about getting their work done.
As you'd be one of our payroll experts, you have previous experience within an accounting/payroll advisor role.
You will be at the front row, talking to our new and existing customers. Alongside
This is a great opportunity if you deeply believe providing a great customer experience is the most important goal for a company.
What will you be doing? 💼
- Your number one priority will be to make sure our customers are satisfied by providing amazing, personal customer support;
- You will be the first line of support for our customers, ensuring queries are resolved quickly and efficiently;
- You will answer all questions our customer might have either via Intercom, phone or email;
- If there is a question you can't immediately answer, which might need to be further investigated, you will consistently ensure customers are kept informed of progress at each stage. You might not have all the answers (yet), but you are a champion for consistent communication;
- You will provide the product team with customer feedback so we can continue to build the best payroll product the world has ever seen 😍
Who are we looking for? 👀
- You have experience as an accountant or payroll executive;
- You are a proficient English speaker;
- Your (written and verbal) grammar is impeccable – our standards are sky high!
- You might have experience within a customer facing role from another SaaS company;
- You are a multitasker, good at managing your time and prioritising - nothing puts you in a good mood as much as completing your to-do-list;
- You like to explore and use new tech to optimise your workflow, and are happy to try out new things;
- You are hungry to learn. You know you don't know it all, and do what you can to help yourself and your teammates be better every day;
- You work well with lots of questions and few answers. We're a startup trying to do something no one else has done before, which means we're dealing with a lot of questions and what-ifs.
About us 👋
At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking for a Customer Support Representative to help us build great relationships with our customers, and provide them with world-class onboarding and support.
We've just raised our series A of $15.6M to bring the future of payroll to even more companies and we're now looking for new team members to join our growing team. You'll be in the first 10 hires for our CS Team!
What is Pento? 🤔
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no manual bank transfers, no e-mails, and no manual work. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically. Our customers usually run payroll internally, but rely on us to give them world-class payroll support in case they have any questions - that's where you come in!
You can see a quick video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
What can you expect? 🧧
- Competitive salary, depending on experience;
- An employee equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company, and join us on an incredible journey of growth 🎉
- Unlimited holiday entitlement;
- Remote working and flexibility - as long as the work gets done!
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about here:
Hi there 👋 Pento Home is where we document and share everything that makes Pento, Pento. Most of it is public - feel free to take a look around 🤗
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications for everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!