At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking for a full-time Engineering Lead to join our Support & Internal tools team. Your mission is to help us help our customers, by ensuring we provide them with a world class customer support experience.
The role ✨
We’re looking for an Engineering Lead who cares deeply about people management, someone with experience in developing and enabling people to be successful. The team this Engineering Lead will be responsible for will focus on empowering Customer Support/Success reps with their daily operations through not only troubleshooting customer queries, but also developing tools, applications, code improvements and scripts which aim to improve, automate and completely remove those same operations. For us it is paramount for this person to have hands-on experience on the work previously mentioned, on top of a natural a passion for problem solving and debugging the most obnoxious of bugs. 🐛
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented problem solvers, looking at untangling a complex problem and finding a simple solution. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, by helping us take Pento to the next level and building seamless experiences for our customers.
Our tech stack ⚙️
We build and host our application and tools using modern and reliable technologies that our team knows and trusts, including React, GraphQL, Golang, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
What will you be doing? 💼
- You will build and lead a team of support engineers through hiring, coaching, setting goals and career paths;
- You will build and maintain an open and collaborative culture in line with our company principles;
- You will support the team in planning and prioritising their work;
- You will facilitate collaboration between support engineers and other colleagues: customer success/supports reps, software engineers and/or product managers, on solving problems for our customers;
- You will drive and be accountable for the team's deliverables;
- You will represent the team towards internal and external stakeholders;
- You will work closely with Customer Support/Success reps to troubleshoot and address our customers' queries regarding functional and technical issues with Pento;
- You will define new and improve existing support tools and processes;
- You will cultivate a culture of documentation regarding the team work and responsibilities.
We'd love to hear from you if 👀
- You have solid hands-on experience in software engineering/technical support;
- You have at least a few years of experience on building and leading teams;
- You thrive on helping and developing people;
- You have strong communication, collaboration and organisational skills;
- You have experience with scripting and/or building applications in one or more programming languages. Preferred languages: Go and Node.js;
- You are familiar with troubleshooting issues through querying databases, APIs and application logs;
- You enjoy building internal tools and automating processes with other colleagues as your main customers;
What can you expect? 🧧
- Competitive salary;
- Tech and equipment of your choice;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory;
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Remote working and flexibility.
What it's like working at Pento 👩💻
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- The UK payroll process hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We already see strong inbound demand from companies all over the UK
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
Hi there 👋 Pento Home is where we document and share everything that makes Pento, Pento. Most of it is public - feel free to take a look around 🤗
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!
We look forward to hearing from you!