At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking for a full-time Software Support Engineer to join our growing team. Your mission is to help us help our customers, by ensuring we provide them with a world class customer support experience.
The role ✨
We’re looking for a Software Support Engineer who cares deeply about enabling non technical colleagues with their daily operations through the development of tools, applications, code improvements and scripts which aim to improve, automate or completely remove those same operations. Someone with a passion for problem solving and debugging the most obnoxious of bugs. 🐛
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented problem solvers, looking at untangling a complex problem and finding a simple solution. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, by helping us take Pento to the next level and building seamless experiences for our customers.
Our tech stack ⚙️
We build and host our application and tools using modern and reliable technologies that our team knows and trusts, including React, GraphQL, Golang, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
What will you be doing? 💼
- You will work closely with customer support/success to troubleshoot and address our customers' queries regarding functional and technical issues with Pento;
- You will build new and improve existing support tools and processes;
- You will document identified issues and their solutions to help with future efforts;
- You will collaborate with the product engineering team in an agile manner;
- You will take operational responsibility for the code that you write over the entire software development life cycle;
We'd love to hear from you if 👀
- You have a few years of professional experience in software engineering/technical support;
- You have strong communication, collaboration and organisational skills;
- You have experience with scripting and/or building applications in one or more programming languages. Preferred languages: Go and Node.js;
- You are familiar with troubleshooting issues through querying databases, APIs and application logs;
- You enjoy building internal tools and automating processes with other colleagues as your main customers;
What can you expect? 🧧
- Competitive salary;
- Tech and equipment of your choice;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory;
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Remote working and flexibility.
What it's like working at Pento 👩💻
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- The UK payroll process hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We already see strong inbound demand from companies all over the UK
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!
We look forward to hearing from you!