At Pento, we're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We're hiring a Head of Pento for Employees to lead the growth of this product area. We're looking for someone working at the intersection of product and commercial growth — you will define the strategy for this core product area, own the roadmap, lead a multidisciplinary team to launch products from inception to market, and collaborate with the wider business on post-sales efforts. You will report into our soon-to-be hired Head of Product (and to our CTO and co-founder in the interim).
The role 🎒
- Owning and driving forward the product roadmap for the employees of Pento's customers (B2B2C).
- Working with Product Managers, Engineers and Product Designers to design and launch products, from inception to live in market.
- Leading efforts to ensure strict scoping and prioritisation, and embedding an iterative 'always-be-shipping' mentality across the team.
- Laser focused on our customer and the needs of their employees, working closely with these key stakeholders to identify their needs and use cases that can drive the most impact.
- Working collaboratively with the Leadership and Commercial teams to identify opportunities, communicating priorities and direction, and ensuring everyone is on the same page.
- Being the point of contact and responsible for the growth and delivery across the employee-focused product areas.
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You have an Engineering background and experience of launching consumer facing products (although we're very flexible about what you've done before).
- You have built product roadmaps and a strategy for similar B2B2C efforts.
- You're commercially minded and have experience of ensuring teams drive business impact alongside customer impact.
- You have proven strategic experience and you're a natural problem solver.
- You're an inspiring leader and able to take a team on a journey.
- You have a proven ability to challenge, influence and do things differently, driving positive business, team and customer benefits.
- You're comfortable managing ambiguity, and able to navigate through it with perseverance and a positive attitude.
- You're a results driven coach who supports, develops and inspires others to be successful.
- You're pragmatic and results oriented — you're able to take ownership and execute on tasks, as well as delegate effectively.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
Our benefits and perks 🧧
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success.
- Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice.
- Unlimited time off and yearly team summits.
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory.
You can read more about our broader perks here.
What it's like working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our product 🔥
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. Instead of relying on spreadsheets, bank transfers, and countless manual checks, our platform gives you complete control over every step with easy-to-use, cloud-based tools, real-time calculations, greater transparency, and exceptional support.
You can watch a short product demo by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Our team and environment 💜
You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our progressive environment of people-first practices supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. This enables our mission of building a truly inclusive environment.
Why now is a really exciting time to join us 🚀
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever.
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process.
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we're probably being conservative here).
- We're helping over hundreds of companies run payroll across the UK and on a mission to bring Pento to many more!
- Our customers love Pento — our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way).
Apply here 🙋🏽♀️ We look forward to hearing from you!