At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. To achieve this, we've brought together a vibrant team of bright, driven and creative thinkers and doers. We're now looking for a Head of People to help us hire, develop and nurture our people.
The role ✨
We’re looking for a People leader who cares deeply about employee experience and supporting them in reaching their true potential. Someone with a passion for establishing and constantly iterating on ways to improve how we experience our way of work, making Pento a truly remarkable place to be.
You will lead our newly born People function and play a crucial role in our exciting plans to triple our team and enter new markets.
What will you be doing? 💼
- Set clear direction and manage priorities for our people function;
- Be the go-to person for people queries across the business;
- Partner with managers and team leads, coaching them and enabling them to foster a culture of high performance; including objective setting, appraisals and employee management and development;
- Play a key role in ensuring we maintain a consistent approach across all new expansion projects, recognising potential differences in challenges and solutions;
- Ensure compliance with all employment laws and regulations, appropriate for a remote team;
- Help build and oversee an employer brand that attracts the very best talent;
- Develop our DEI strategy, to ensure we are an inclusive employer for all;
- Create, communicate and evolve our policies, frameworks, systems and practices, to ensure all people activities are executed smoothly throughout the employee lifecycle;
- Promote a positive company culture and open communications.
We'd love to hear from you if 👀
- You are a proven HR generalist with experience in a growing SMB. You have practical experience across all things people: talent, performance, compensation and benefits, employee engagement and retention, org design, career development etc.
- You know what it means to work in a small and busy team and might even have experience being the sole people person in a company!
- You are a pragmatic thinker and have a startup attitude; you not afraid of rolling up your sleeves to get things done;
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- You have a high level of autonomy and accountability. You think ahead and future proof for scale;
- You have comprehensive employment law knowledge, in one or more European countries.
What can you expect? 🧧
- Competitive salary;
- Tech and equipment of your choice;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory;
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Remote working and flexibility.
What it's like working at Pento 👩💻
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We are helping over 700 companies run payroll across the UK and Denmark, and are on a mission to bring Pento to many more!
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!
Apply here 🙋♀️
We look forward to hearing from you!