At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking for a Head of Customer Success to lead our customer-facing team thriving for a memorably positive Customer Experience.
We've just raised our series A of $15.6M to bring the future of payroll to even more companies, and we're now looking for new team members to join our growing team.
The short version
Where: Remote 🌎, +3/-3 CET hours
What: Customer experience, Leadership, Team management, CS strategy, Customer activation, Customer onboarding, Customer support.
Why: We have a customer-first mindset and aim to delight our customers by optimising their entire journey with Pento. Enabling them to rely on quality technology to run their core activities is the essence of what we do.
The job description 💬
As the Head of Customer Success at Pento, your responsibilities will include:
Leadership and vision
- Defining the direction for Customer Success, being an active member of the leadership team
- Working collaboratively with other teams (customer operations, product and sales) to ensure we provide a consistent high quality experience for our customers
- Being the customer's voice internally
- Being an active advocate for Pento, our platform, and our technology
Goal setting and process building
- Owning our customer's journey, all the way from managing onboarding to preventing churn, with a focus on product adoption and customer experience
- Developing and implementing processes and systems, providing a means for effective performance management and reporting
- Identifying the highest value drivers to increase our customer's satisfaction, presenting recommendations to prevent early churn signals
- Implementing processes to maintain low response times, ensuring customer issues are escalated through the right channels, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate
- Building and leading a high performing Customer Success team
- Leading and working closely with the Head of Customer Support to ensure alignment between Support and Success
- Being the subject matter expert in the Success team by keeping up to date with latest best practices and tools
What we're looking for 🕵️♀️
We're looking for someone who's an inspiring leader, visionary, and strategically smart. You'll get to work with the best team in the world, and we always aim to let Pento's customer experience be the talk of town! You lead, you drive, you oversee the overall funnel to always meet and over-achieve on the customer expectations.
Please reach out if you're interested — even if you don't think you fully fit the description. We're happy to chat!
- Proven experience in similar position
- You have experience leading a CS team in a rapidly growing business - setting up and developing best practices to align with the company's growth
- You've managed a small team, but know what is needed to help it scale
- Experience in a SaaS company would be a plus
- Experience leading the function in a distributed setup would be a plus
- You are a confident and effective communicator, able to tailor format and content based on your audience
- You've a proven ability to challenge, influence and do things differently with positive business benefits
- You know how to deal with ambiguity and are able to navigate through it with perseverance, and with a positive attitude
- You're a results driven coach who supports, develops and inspires others to excel
- You're pragmatic and results oriented - able to take ownership and execute on tasks as well as able to delegate projects
- You're a creative thinker - you know all stages are different and do not try and fit out of the box solutions
What is Pento? 🤔
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no manual bank transfers, no e-mails, and no manual work. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically. Our customers usually run payroll internally, but rely on us to give them world-class payroll support in case they have any questions - that's where you come in!
You can see a quick video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
What can you expect? 🧧
- Competitive salary, depending on experience;
- An employee equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company, and join us on an incredible journey of growth 🎉
- Unlimited holiday entitlement;
- Remote working and flexibility - as long as the work gets done!
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about here:
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications for everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!