At Pento, we're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our Support and Internal tools team. Your mission is to help us help our customers, by ensuring we provide them with a world class customer support experience.
The role 💬
We’re looking for someone who cares deeply about enabling non technical colleagues with their daily operations, someone with a passion for problem solving and debugging the most obnoxious of bugs 🐛.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented problem solvers, looking at untangling a complex problem and finding a simple solution. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, by helping us take Pento to the next level and building seamless experiences for our customers.
More about the role and responsibilities
- You will work closely with the Customer Support and Success teams to troubleshoot and address our customers' queries regarding functional and technical issues with Pento
- You will build new and improve existing support tools and processes
- You will document identified issues and their solutions to help with future efforts
- You will collaborate with the product engineering team in an agile manner
- You will take operational responsibility for the code that you write over the entire software development life cycle
Our tech stack ⚙️
We build and host our application and tools using modern and reliable technologies that our team knows and trusts, including React, GraphQL, Golang, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You have a few years of professional experience in software engineering/technical support
- You have strong communication, collaboration and organisational skills
- You have experience with scripting and/or building applications in one or more programming languages. Preferred languages: Go and Node.js
- You’re familiar with troubleshooting issues through querying databases, APIs and application logs
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
What it's like working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our product 🔥
Pento is setting a new standard in payroll with its tech-enabled payroll solution for modern People and Finance teams. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. Starling Bank, Pleo, Honest Burgers, PensionBee, Primer, and many more fast-growing companies, use Pento to run payroll like it should have always been.
You can watch a short product demo by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Our team and environment 💜
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our people-first environment supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits and perks 🧧
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
- Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice
- Unlimited time off and yearly team summits
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Apply here 🙋🏽♀️ We look forward to hearing from you!