At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking for a full-time Engineering Lead to join our API and Integrations team. Your mission is to bring our public API to the market and connect Pento to as many important integrations as possible in the near future.
The role ✨
We're looking for an Engineering Lead who cares deeply about building and running a world-class team of engineers. Someone with a passion for hard challenges involving multiple internal and external stakeholders. The team you will be leading is building out Pento's public API and is building an infrastructure for us to add as many reliable integrations as quickly as possible. For us, it's important that you know, not only what is needed to build an API, but also what is needed to make it successful. Including documentation and working with users and partners.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented problem solvers, looking at untangling a complex problem and finding a simple solution. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, by helping us take Pento to the next level and building seamless experiences for our customers. And you will help fundamentally change what Pento is able to offer customers and partners in terms of flexibility and automation.
Our tech stack ⚙️
We build and host our application and tools using modern and reliable technologies that our team knows and trusts, including React, GraphQL, Golang, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
What will you be doing? 💼
- You will lead and build a team of highly skilled engineers, through hiring, coaching and setting goals;
- You will build and maintain an open and collaborative culture in line with our company principles;
- You will support the team in planning and prioritizing their work;
- You will drive and be accountable for the team's deliverables;
- You will represent the team towards internal and external stakeholders;
- You will cultivate a culture of documentation regarding the teamwork and responsibilities.
We'd love to hear from you if 👀
- You have solid hands-on experience in software engineering;
- You have at least a few years of experience in building and leading teams;
- You thrive on helping and developing people;
- You have strong communication, collaboration and organisational skills;
- You enjoy taking charge in solving open-ended challenges in a fast-paced environment;
What can you expect? 🧧
- Competitive salary;
- Tech and equipment of your choice;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory;
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Remote working and flexibility.
What it's like working at Pento 👩💻
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- The UK payroll process hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We already see strong inbound demand from companies all over the UK
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
Hi there 👋 Pento Home is where we document and share everything that makes Pento, Pento. Most of it is public - feel free to take a look around 🤗
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!
We look forward to hearing from you!