At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll.
We are looking for a Sales Representative to help us generate, qualify and excite new leads, and be the first point of contact for all of Pento's sales efforts.
You’ll be joining our growing SDR team and will work closely with 👋Harrison Hughes and the rest of the sales team (check us out!). You'll be in charge of researching, identifying and connecting with our future customers to help them understand how Pento can dramatically improve the way they run their payroll.
You'll focus on our UK market at the forefront of our outbound sales prospecting. We have the tools, the process and the playbook in place, so you won't need to figure everything out from scratch, but there's ample opportunity to bring diverse thought and creativity to the team and your daily work.
We know what success looks like and how to get you there, but we also believe in self-reflection, ownership of your individual business and flexibility of work.
We are a hyper growth start-up: if you're successful in your role there will be plenty of opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility.
What will you be doing? 💼
- During your day to day you will be proactively seeking new business opportunities and generating qualified leads, as well as building your contact database through research & profiling;
- We don't expect customers to respond to the same approach everyone else does. You'll use authentic personalisation, valuable knowledge and your personality to introduce our products and services, making sure our prospects have a comprehensive understanding of what our product offers and how our solutions meet their needs: real relationship-building over mass marketing;
- You will use a multichannel approach (personalised videos, calls, emails, Linkedin messages etc) to generate new sales opportunities, using established but always improving sequencing and automation best practices;
- As a true team player you will set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales executives to move the pipeline forward across the sales funnel with the information they need to close the deal;
- You'll be self-reflective and accountable, providing visibility to the wider team by documenting and reporting on your progress, using best in class sales-enablement tools like Outreach;
- You'll contribute to the wider team's success, regularly adopt new best practices and be willing to constructively challenge and provide feedback to help you and your team iterate and improve daily.
- You will have a true interest in learning everything about your prospects payroll processes and collecting insights around their pain points, as if they were your own.
Who are we looking for? 👀
- Ability to quickly understand and build rapport with potential customers, listen actively and leverage your knowledge effectively to articulate why Pento is the solution to their problem;
- Someone comfortable speaking to potential customers confidently and challenging preconceptions
- A commercial instinct, resilience and the ability to hit and exceed targets;
- A compelling content crafter. Written and oral communication skills are essential to entice our customers. You are a great listener and communicator;
- A team player, has a can-do attitude and a bias towards action;
- Enthusiasm and ambition, coupled with a desire to learn the sales process from start to finish.
What can you expect? 🧧
- £25k base (40k OTE) with realistic targets to significantly boost your earnings
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company, and join us on an incredible journey of growth!
- An employee equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Unlimited holiday entitlement;
- Remote working and flexibility - as long as the work gets done!
- A friendly, open and diverse team to learn from and work with
What it's like working at Pento 👩💻
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We are helping over 700 companies run payroll across the UK and Denmark, and are on a mission to bring Pento to many more!
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!
Apply here 🙋♀️
We look forward to hearing from you!