At Pento, we're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to join our teams. You will focus on building and developing high-performing and inclusive cross-functional teams, guiding them through all the challenges that come with being a scaling tech company.
The role 💬
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help us lead, nurture and grow our team of engineers in doing the best work of their careers.
As an Engineering Manager you will be contributing to our efforts to drive better product decisions, improve our technical operational efficiency, and enable the team to generate high-impact outcomes.
More about the role and responsibilities
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively, aligning the Engineering team with the company’s goals and business priorities
- Help raise the bar for our team by contributing to best practices (from documentation to automating and streamlining work, to hiring, and more)
- Support the Engineering and Product teams in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use of the services we provide to customers
- Measure the impact of your team, define and influence product strategy
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from helping scope projects to measuring their success and iterating based on user feedback
- Provide visibility to the wider organisation to ensure we’re all on the same page and aware what’s coming and when
- Collaborate with your team in thinking through our challenges, both short and long term
- Motivate, inspire, and empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and efficiency – we want you to help them do the best work of their careers
- Run performance reviews and develop progression plans for your reports
Our tech stack ⚙️
We build and host our application and tools using modern and reliable technologies that our team knows and trusts, including React, GraphQL, Golang, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You have experience in similar roles with a proven track record managing a growing team
- You care about successful outcomes, but you're also keen to build a healthy work environment that is both inclusive and supportive
- You're able to guide and nurture engineering talent in developing new skills and advance in their careers
- You're able to partner with Engineers, PMs, Designers and other functions to educate strategy and roadmap
- You can clearly communicate decisions and the rationale behind them
- You can adjust quickly to changing priorities and help the team focus
- You've built and managed a fast-growing engineering team in a fast-paced startup is a plus
- You can do all of this efficiently with mostly asynchronous communication in a remote setting
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
What it's like working at Pento 👩🏾💻
Our product 🔥
Pento is setting a new standard in payroll with its tech-enabled payroll solution for modern People and Finance teams. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. Starling Bank, Pleo, Honest Burgers, PensionBee, Primer, and many more fast-growing companies, use Pento to run payroll like it should have always been.
You can watch a short product demo by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Our team and environment 💜
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our people-first environment supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits and perks 🧧
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
- Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice
- Unlimited time off and yearly team summits
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Apply here 🙋🏽♀️ We look forward to hearing from you!