At Pento, we're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We're looking for a QA Engineering Lead to join our growing team and ensure our product quality is continuously improving. Your mission is to help us help our customers, by ensuring we are building a world class product.
The role 💬
We’re looking for a hands-on QA Lead who cares deeply about delivering high quality products to users, quickly. You will have a pivotal role in defining our quality standards and making sure they are followed by our Engineers, together with building our QA function. This role has the progression potential to become our Head of QA Engineering.
You will build our test automation infrastructure by writing tests, maintaining them and making sure developers are able to keep their tests up-to-date. In addition to this, you’ll have the responsibility of setting up and maintaining the test infrastructure, and making sure we have the appropriate tooling for the task at hand. And because we are working remotely, communication and knowledge transfer is key, therefore we count on you to document every QA-related tool and procedure and keep our technical documentation up to date.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented and growing Engineering and Product org, and make a real impact at Pento. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, by helping us take Pento to the next level and building seamless experiences for our customers. You will also experience building a team and setting the foundations for developing an high-performing function.
More about the role and responsibilities
You’ll be helping us ensure we provide an end-to-end high quality product by:
- Hiring and developing a team of QA Engineers, and everything that comes with building a team and function
- Working closely with our Product Managers to establish acceptance criteria for new features
- Defining new test cases to make sure we cover all the essential cases as well as edge-cases
- Contributing to enhance our automated test coverage
- Maintaining and continuously improving our automated end-to-end test pipeline during our release process
- Monitoring automated test runs — keeping an eye on test failures and mitigating any sources of test flakiness
- Evangelising a culture of quality and working side-by-side with the rest of our engineering team in building the good coding standards
- Maintaining diverse and up to date test data for the engineering teams to work with to cover edge cases
Our tech stack ⚙️
We build and host our application using modern and reliable technologies like React, GraphQL, Golang, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes. Our tests run on GitHub Actions CI and we have dedicated test environments for all new features. We use Cypress as our framework of choice for end-to-end automated tests and Percy for our visual snapshot tests.
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You have a number of years of experience working in fast-pace or start-up environments, with a high degree of autonomy and independence (experience working in a remote setup is a plus)
- You have managed or closely coached other QA Engineers
- You enjoy automating processes with other engineers as your customers
- You know your way around Cypress
- You are experienced in setting up and optimising end-to-end tests
- You have experience with CI/CD pipelines — experience with Github actions will be very helpful
- You are experienced and enjoy building and setting up tooling solutions
- You are highly adaptable and perform well, even under uncertainty and pressure
- You have strong communication skills and are comfortable with asynchronous communication
- You enjoy working closely together with product managers and other engineers to split complex problems into testable cases
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
What it's like working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our product 🔥
Pento is setting a new standard in payroll with its tech-enabled payroll solution for modern People and Finance teams. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. Starling Bank, Pleo, Honest Burgers, PensionBee, Primer, and many more fast-growing companies, use Pento to run payroll like it should have always been.
You can watch a short product demo by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Our team and environment 💜
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our people-first environment supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits and perks 🧧
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
- Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice
- Unlimited time off and yearly team summits
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Apply here 🙋🏽♀️ We look forward to hearing from you!