At Pento, we're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We're looking for an Engineering Lead to join our Engineering Support team. Your mission is to help us help our customers, by ensuring we provide them with a world class customer support experience.
The role 💬
This Engineering Lead will be responsible for empowering the Customer Support and Success team with their daily operations, through troubleshooting customer queries, and working with teams across the business to solve them efficiently and learn from them. You must have hands-on experience, on top of a natural a passion for problem solving and debugging the most obnoxious of bugs 🐛.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented problem solvers, looking at untangling a complex problem and finding a simple solution. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, by helping us take Pento to the next level and building seamless experiences for our customers.
More about the role and responsibilities
- You will work closely the Customer Support and Success team to troubleshoot and address our customers' queries regarding functional and technical issues with Pento
- You will facilitate collaboration between Support Engineers, the wider Engineering and Product org, and the Customer Success team to solve problems for our customers
- You will build and lead a team of Support Engineers through hiring and coaching
- You will drive and be accountable for the team's deliverables
- You will build and maintain an open and collaborative culture in line with our company principles
- You will support the team in planning and prioritising their work
- You will represent the team towards internal and external stakeholders
- You will define new and improve existing support tools and processes
- You will cultivate a culture of documentation regarding the team’s work and responsibilities
Our tech stack ⚙️
We build and host our application and tools using modern and reliable technologies that our team knows and trusts, including React, GraphQL, Golang, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes.
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You have solid hands-on experience in software engineering/technical support
- You have a few years experience of mentoring and leading teams
- You thrive on helping and developing people
- You have strong communication, collaboration and organisational skills
- You have experience with scripting and/or building applications in one or more programming languages. Preferred languages are Go and Node.js
- You’re familiar with troubleshooting issues through querying databases, APIs and application logs
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
What it's like working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our product 🔥
Pento is setting a new standard in payroll with its tech-enabled payroll solution for modern People and Finance teams. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. Starling Bank, Pleo, Honest Burgers, PensionBee, Primer, and many more fast-growing companies, use Pento to run payroll like it should have always been.
You can watch a short product demo by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Our team and environment 💜
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our people-first environment supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits and perks 🧧
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
- Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice
- Unlimited time off and yearly team summits
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Apply here 🙋🏽♀️ We look forward to hearing from you!