At Pento, we're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We're looking for a SMB Sales Development Representative to help us generate, qualify and excite new leads, and be the first point of contact for all of Pento's sales efforts.
The role 💬
You’ll join our growing SDR team and be in charge of researching, identifying and connecting with our future customers to help them understand how Pento can dramatically improve the way they run their payroll.
You'll focus on our UK market at the forefront of our outbound sales prospecting. We have the tools, the process and the playbook in place, so you won't need to figure everything out from scratch, but there's ample opportunity to bring diverse thought and creativity to the team and your daily work.
We know what success looks like and how to get you there, but we also believe in self-reflection, ownership of your individual business and flexibility of work. We're a hyper growth scale-up: if you're successful in your role, there will be plenty of opportunities to grow and take on more responsibility.
More about the role and responsibilities
- During your day to day, you'll be proactively seeking new business opportunities and generating qualified leads, as well as building your contact database through research and profiling
- You'll use a multichannel approach (personalised videos, calls, emails, LinkedIn messages, etc) to generate new sales opportunities, using established but always improving sequencing and automation best practices
- As a true team player, you'll set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and sales executives to move the pipeline forward across the sales funnel with the information they need to close the deal
- You'll be self-reflective and accountable, providing visibility to the wider team by documenting and reporting on your progress, using best in class sales-enablement tools like Outreach
- You'll contribute to the wider team's success, regularly adopt new best practices and be willing to constructively challenge and provide feedback to help you and your team iterate and improve daily
- You'll have a true interest in learning everything about your prospects payroll processes and collecting insights around their pain points, as if they were your own
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You are highly motivated to build your career in sales
- You are proactive and willing to put in extraordinary effort to exceed your targets
- You have the ability to quickly understand and build rapport with potential customers, listen actively and leverage your knowledge effectively to articulate why Pento is the solution to their problem
- You have strong commercial instinct, resilience, and the ability to hit and exceed targets
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You're a team player — you have a can-do attitude and a bias towards action
- You have enthusiasm and ambition, coupled with a desire to learn the sales process from start to finish
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
What it's like working at Pento 👩🏿💻
Our product 🔥
Pento is setting a new standard in payroll with its tech-enabled payroll solution for modern People and Finance teams. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. Starling Bank, Pleo, Honest Burgers, PensionBee, Primer, and many more fast-growing companies, use Pento to run payroll like it should have always been.
You can watch a short product demo by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Our team and environment 💜
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our people-first environment supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
Our benefits and perks 🧧
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success
- Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice
- Unlimited time off and yearly team summits
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
You can read more about our broader perks here.
Apply here 🙋🏽♀️ We look forward to hearing from you!