At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking for a Customer Success Manager to help us build great relationships with our customers, and provide them with world-class onboarding and support.
We've just raised our series A of $15.6M to bring the future of payroll to even more companies, and we're now looking for new team members to join our growing CS team — that's where you come in!
The short version
Where: Remote 🌏, +3/-3 CET
What: Customer training, product adoption, customer relationships, customer activation, customer experience, etc.
Why: We have a customer-first mindset and aim to delight our customers by optimising their entire journey with Pento. Enabling them to rely on quality technology to run their core operations is the essence of what we do.
The job description 💬
As a Customer Success Manager at Pento, your job will be to:
- Be the customer's main point of contact, throughout their journey with Pento.
- Support new customers through their onboarding and implementation by scheduling demos, presentations, workshops and training.
- Implement 1-to-many initiatives to teach and help customers get the best out of the platform.
- Oversee the customer lifecycle, ensuring activation and satisfaction.
- Own end-to-end account enablement and activation through strategic planning and execution, and lead quarterly business reviews.
- Help identify and solve challenges around product adoption our customers may face.
Feedback and improvements
- Work closely with on-boarding and Ops on how to best implement Pento, and optimise workflows.
- Work closely with Support and Ops, designing one seamless customer journey, meeting our customers even before they would need help.
- Provide the product team with customer feedback so we can continue to build the best payroll product the world has ever seen 😍
What we're looking for 🕵️♀️
We're looking for someone who's up for being our first hire in this team. You will be at the front row, talking to customers, owning the relationship and helping them get the best out of Pento.
Please reach out if you're interested — even if you don't think you fully fit the description. We're happy to chat!
- You've been part of a growing customer success function before and have experience with onboarding new customers.
- You have experience working within fast-paced companies, ideally in B2B SaaS.
- You are excited to be able to take ownership of the role and redesign it as our requirements evolve. You don't settle for the status quo, but challenge it.
- You have strong project management skills. You always keep to deadlines and never let follow-up with customers slit your net.
- You have demonstrated excellence in the past and are highly achievement orientated.
- You are comfortable working within a remote team.
- You have excellent (native or, at least at a very high proficiency) written and verbal English communication skills.
- You are very service-minded, always putting the customer first.
- You have an entrepreneurial, problem-solver attitude. No problem is too big or too hard.
- You like working independently, but you also know when to involve your colleagues and ask for help.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset. You are constantly optimising your workflows and, as a result, our customer's experience.
- You are hungry to learn. You know you don't know it all, and do what you can to help yourself and your teammates be better every day.
- You work well with lots of questions and few answers. We're a startup trying to do something no one else has done before, which means we're dealing with a lot of questions and what-ifs.
What is Pento? 🤔
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no manual bank transfers, no e-mails, and no manual work. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically. Our customers usually run payroll internally, but rely on us to give them world-class payroll support in case they have any questions - that's where you come in!
You can see a quick video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
What can you expect? 🧧
- Competitive salary, depending on experience;
- An employee equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company, and join us on an incredible journey of growth 🎉
- Unlimited holiday entitlement;
- Remote working and flexibility - as long as the work gets done!
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about here:
Hi there 👋 Pento Home is where we document and share everything that makes Pento, Pento. Most of it is public - feel free to take a look around 🤗
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications for everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!