At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking for a Head of Finance to oversee all financial activities, from managing financial tasks, to ensuring we comply with regulations. One thing you won't spend time on, is running payroll!
The role ✨
You will be our financial health advocate, helping us make strategic, numbers informed, decisions and constantly being on the look out for opportunities to improve Pento's unit economics and profitability.
Your role, at least in the beginning, will have two main focus areas: Finance Operations and Financial Planning & Analysis. We are a lean team, where everyone has a tangible impact. As a hands-on operator who will be instrumental in driving the company's next stage of growth, partnering with leadership and managers to develop strong financial planning and controls.
What will you be doing? 💼
- You will be responsible for leading all finance, accounting, and reporting across the company;
- Lead and update the annual budgeting, forecasting and planning processes in partnership with department leads and leadership;
- Partner with functional leaders to provide structure, analytical support, and accountability on strategic decisions and areas of investment;
- Own end-to-end financial planning processes (headcount planning, revenue and budget reforecasts, etc.);
- Effectively manage our financial operations (AR;AP; payroll 😉; expenses etc);
- Build and maintain accounting policies and financial controls;
- Liaise with 3rd party firms to oversee and review day-to-day book-keeping;
- Set up and maintain solid and effective accounting processes across all entities, constantly identifying opportunities to drive improvements;
- Recommending cost reduction strategies.
We'd love to hear from you if 👀
- You have a degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field;
- You have proven experience as a Head of Finance or similar position in a high growth tech SMB; you enjoy the challenges that come with build a finance function within a rapidly growing startup, and know how to navigate scaling challenges;
- You are excited to be wearing many hats, and enjoy working in a startup environment where requirements change incredibly quickly; being able to prioritise and organise your work comes second nature to you;
- You have a solid understanding of financial management and accounting;
- You have strong financial and accounting acumen;
- You are proactive and curious, you have a strong attention to detail and take pride in having full accountability for tasks;
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills; you can explain complex financial concepts in a simple and accessible manner
What can you expect? 🧧
- Competitive salary;
- Tech and equipment of your choice;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory;
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Remote working and flexibility.
What it's like working at Pento 👩💻
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We are helping over 700 companies run payroll across the UK and Denmark, and are on a mission to bring Pento to many more!
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
Hi there 👋 Pento Home is where we document and share everything that makes Pento, Pento. Most of it is public - feel free to take a look around 🤗
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!
Apply here 🙋♀️
We look forward to hearing from you!