At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We're looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team and ensure our product quality is continuously improving. Your mission is to help us help our customers, by ensuring we are building a world class product.
The role ✨
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who cares deeply about delivering high quality products to users, quickly. As our very first QA engineer you will have a pivotal role in both defining our acceptance criteria and making sure the teams know what outcomes are expected and how to validate them, as well as developing, maintaining and improving tests and driving automation.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented engineers and product professionals. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, by helping us take Pento to the next level and building seamless experiences for our customers.
Our tech stack ⚙️
We build and host our application using modern and reliable technologies like React, GraphQL, Golang, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes. Our tests run using Gitlab CI and we have dedicated test environments for all new features. You will have the freedom to pick the testing tools you want to work with!
What will you be doing? 💼
- Help us ensure we provide an end-to-end high quality product;
- Work closely with our Product Managers to establish acceptance criteria for new features;
- Create test cases to reflect those criteria, automating where possible to improve efficiency;
- Thoroughly test new code against test cases;
- While you will be relying on automation, you will continuously be monitoring the production environment and ensuring no issues slip your vigilant eye;
- Build an automated pipeline for end to end testing our applications prior to launch;
- Maintain diverse and up to date test data for the engineering teams to work with to cover edge cases
We'd love to hear from you if 👀
- You have a few years of professional experience in software engineering, working in a team environment;
- You enjoy automating processes with other engineers as your customers;
- You have experience with one or more programming languages and with scripting;
- You know your way around various testing tools, eg. Cypress, Puppeteer, Selenium;
- You are experienced in setting up and optimising end to end tests;
- You are highly adaptable and perform well, even under uncertainty and pressure;
- You have strong communication skills and are able to articulate complex technical concepts to non technical stakeholders;
- You enjoy working closely together with product managers and other engineers to split complex problems into testable cases;
What can you expect? 🧧
- Competitive salary;
- Tech and equipment of your choice;
- The opportunity to join an early stage tech company on an incredible trajectory;
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success;
- Remote working and flexibility.
What it's like working at Pento 👩💻
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no e-mails, and no manual bank transfers. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We already see strong inbound demand from companies all over the UK
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
Hi there 👋 Pento Home is where we document and share everything that makes Pento, Pento. Most of it is public - feel free to take a look around 🤗
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!
Apply here 🙋♀️
We look forward to hearing from you!