At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're an international team backed by some of the world's best investors, and we're now looking for new teammates to join our growing team — that's where you come in!
We are looking for a smart, proactive Head of Talent with exceptional organisational skills and the desire to build a first in class Talent function at Pento.
The short version
Where: Remote 🌍
What: hiring strategy, 360 recruitment cycle, employer branding, candidate experience
Why: We want to continue to build out an exceptional, diverse, and productive team that thrives on steep learning curves, fast growth, and effective communication. And we need help! :)
What will you be doing? 💼
As the first Talent hire at Pento, your job will be to
- Build a market defining in-house recruitment function by setting strategic and tactical plans to anticipate upcoming talent needs and improve the full recruitment life cycle
- Lead the full recruitment cycle for Pento and ensure a quality-driven, cost-effective and timely level of service to the business to fulfil their recruitment needs
- Proactively develop strategic ‘Talent Pipelines’ for key and recurring roles across the business
- Set up and drive a best-in-class diversity, equity and inclusion recruitment strategy
- Work with leadership & marketing teams to promote Pento employers brand
- Provide consultative expertise and best practice on the recruitment market across all levels of the business
- Leverage creative and innovative recruiting techniques to engage and excite top tier talent
- Maintain and improve internal documentation on workflow, processes, and procedures
- Perform analysis of hiring needs and provide employee hiring forecast
What we're looking for 🕵️♀️
We're looking for someone who's curious, structured, ambitious, and has great recruiting skills and people skills. You know what a great and high-performing team looks like. We're looking for someone who loves recruiting, but also has the desire to be part of building a world class employer brand and improving our core processes.
You are comfortable working in a lean team, handling everything from sourcing candidates to creating effective recruiting and interview processes, to ensuring hiring managers have the best tools to identify the next team member.
- Experience leading and developing a talent function in a fast growing company
- Proven experience driving the full recruitment cycle delivering strong results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Great written and verbal English communication skills
- High EQ - emphatic personality with a touch of resilience
- Commitment to DEI and experience in integrating these into your hiring process
- Strong sense of ownership, efficient at multi-tasking, and strong organisational skills
- Great analytical skills and numbers-driven approach to challenges
- You are a humble person with "can do" attitude and no entitlement-ego.
- You are data-driven – this is less about KPIs and more about understanding recruitment metrics that allow you to adjust on your approach.
- You have strong attention to detail and great organisational skills. Things don’t slip through the cracks when you own them.
- You are a leader who inspires through participation and vision.
- You are a confident and thoughtful communicator, able to cater to different audiences and contexts
What is Pento? 🤔
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no manual bank transfers, no e-mails, and no manual work. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We see strong demand from companies all over Europe, and we want to move fast!
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70! (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
Hi there 👋 Pento Home is where we document and share everything that makes Pento, Pento. Most of it is public - feel free to take a look around 🤗
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!
We look forward to hearing from you!