At Pento we're building a better, faster, and more modern payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're an international team backed by some of the world's best investors, and we're now looking for new teammates to join our growing team — that's where you come in!
We are looking for a smart, proactive Talent Acquisition Manager with exceptional organisational skills and the desire to help us build Pento's Talent function.
The short version
Where: Remote 🌍
What: Build and execute on recruiting, onboarding, employer branding, candidate experience
Why: We want to continue to build out an exceptional, diverse, and productive team that thrives on steep learning curves, fast growth, and effective communication. And we need help! :)
What will you be doing? 💼
As the first Talent Manager at Pento, your job will be to
- Help us build the Talent function from scratch
- Find great candidates - screening inbound applicants and reaching out to the very best talent for each role
- Work with founders and team on hiring exceptional team members in all areas of the business
- Coordinate the entire hiring process, from the first touch to onboarding
- Establish sourcing processes to ensure steady talent flow
- Help communicate why Pento is a great place to work - leading on our employer branding initiatives, crafting compelling job descriptions and establishing our presence on other platforms
- Be an active ambassador for Pento and our culture on social media, and help paint a picture of our vision and why people should join us
- Support founders and team in defining and demonstrating Pento's company culture and core principles
What we're looking for 🕵️♀️
We're looking for someone who's curious, structured, ambitious, and has great recruiting skills and people skills. You don't need to have 10 years of experience, but you do need to know what a great and high-performing team looks like. We're looking for someone who loves recruiting, but also has the desire to be part of building a world class employer brand and improving our core processes.
You are comfortable working in a lean team, handling everything from scheduling interviews to creating effective recruiting and interview processes, to sourcing candidates and ensuring hiring managers have the best tools to identify the next team member.
- A couple years experience in a fast-growing company
- Great written and verbal English communication skills
- High EQ - emphatic personality with a touch of resilience
- Commitment to DEI and experience in integrating these into your hiring process
- Strong sense of ownership, efficient at multi-tasking, and strong organisational skills
- Great analytical skills and numbers-driven approach to challenges
- You are a humble person with "can do" attitude and no entitlement-ego.
- You are data-driven – this is less about KPIs and more about understanding recruitment metrics that allow you to adjust on your approach.
- You are hungry to learn. You know you don't know it all, and do what you can to help yourself and your teammates be better every day.
- You have strong attention to detail and great organisational skills. Things don’t slip through the cracks when you own them.
- You work well with lots of questions and few answers. We're a startup trying to do something no one else has done before, which means we're dealing with a lot of questions and what-ifs.
What is Pento? 🤔
We're a technology company, not an
accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We build beautiful payroll software that automates all manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no manual bank transfers, no e-mails, and no manual work. We've built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a short video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here:
Why now is a really exciting time to join 🚀
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we are probably conservative here)
- We see strong demand from companies all over Europe, and we want to move fast!
- Our customers love Pento - our NPS is above 70! (check our Trustpilot by the way)
Our team 💚
You can learn more about what we are all about and how we like to work here:
Hi there 👋 Pento Home is where we document and share everything that makes Pento, Pento. Most of it is public - feel free to take a look around 🤗
We're a remote-first company and a diverse group of people. We believe in inclusiveness and are committed to building a team as diverse as the people we create our product for, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We welcome applications from everyone – regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
We don't believe hiring is a tick boxing exercise, so if you feel you don't match the job description 100%, but would still be a great fit for the role, please get in touch!
We look forward to hearing from you!